The shortcut to getting “perfect clients” is clear: they must be created.
Let’s be honest, we all want perfect clients. The clients that are dreamy to work with, that happily and quickly pay our invoices, that sing our praises to everyone they know. But what does that actually mean? And how can you go about creating more opportunities to work with perfect clients? In this blog post, we’ll explore the 5 types of perfect clients and how you can get more of them.
The first step is understanding that there is no such thing as a perfect client. Just like there is no such thing as a perfect partner or a perfect human being, the same goes for business relationships. However, what we can do is stack the odds in our favor by knowing the characteristics of our ideal client and pursuing opportunities with people that fit that description.
Here are the 5 Types of “Perfect Clients”
1. The ideal client understands, respects and values your time: They value your expertise and are willing to invest in your services because they know it will save them time, energy and money in the long run.
2. The ideal client pays their invoices on time: They understand that running a business is not free and are happy to exchange money for goods or services received. They also understand that paying bills on time is crucial to keeping the lights on and respect your need to receive payment promptly.
3. The ideal client refers you to their network: They are happy to give you exposure to their network because they know you will provide value and not waste their contacts’ time. They also believe in an abundance mentality – there is enough room for everyone to succeed!
4. The ideal client provides constructive feedback: They understand that feedback is a gift, even if it’s difficult to hear at times. They also know that criticism (when done constructively) can help you improve your business offerings and make you an even more valuable asset to them.
5. The ideal client becomes a raving fan: Lastly, the ideal client loves what you do so much that they become one of your biggest advocates! They are happy to sing your praises to anyone who will listen because they know you’re worth it.
Now that we’ve gone over the characteristics of an ideal client, let’s talk about how you can get more of them! Here are some actionable steps you can take:
1. Make a list of your current dream clients – who are they? What do they look like? What do they do? Why do you want to work with them? What can you offer them?
2. Pursue opportunities with people that fit your dream client criteria – don’t be afraid to reach out and introduce yourself! You never know where a conversation might lead…
3. Invest in marketing initiatives (such as LinkedIn ads) targeting people that match your dream client criteria – this doesn’t have to be expensive, but it’s important to put yourself in front of your target market as much as possible
4. Provide value FIRST – before asking for anything in return, try providing helpful resources, advice or information to potential clients without expecting anything in return
5 Perfect Clients Aren’t Created by Luck – follow these steps and put in the hard work and you’ll be well on your way to creating opportunities to work with amazing people!
Work with clients who understand, respect, and value your time; pay their invoices promptly; refer you to their networks; provide constructive feedback; and become raving fans! These five tips will help increase your chance for finding (and keeping) perfect clients!
Need help with creating, finding and serving your perfect clients?
Sign up today for SuperBrand Your Business and we’ll give you this module FREE! In it, we show you how the biggest global brands do it and how you can too without their massive budgets.
Sign up, start right now. See ya next time!